I receive a wide range of emails and phone calls in a given week questioning how to generate content that increases website traffic.
From business owners, website developers, and even other SEO consultants posing as potential customers, everyone wants to know what the secret is when it comes to content marketing that increases search ranking and website traffic.
There are plenty of resources, whether newsletters, websites, blogs, ebooks, etc., telling you the bare bone SEO basics and principles, such as creating content:
- Written with a focus on customers and not search engines
- That is more than 600 words in length, ideally 1000-1500 or more
- That is relevant and specific to your industry and target market
- That educates, informs and solves problems for customers
- That customers will share with the masses
- That is easy-to-read content consisting of short sentences and containing every day layman terms
- Using specific keywords and keyword variations in moderation
- That includes the use of header tags with keywords within header tags
- Containing moderately supportive external and internal links, images, and videos
And the list goes on with other value-add content marketing strategies and techniques to help increase not only your website or blog’s search engine ranking, but also increase the likelihood your content is shared with the masses and increasing overall website traffic.
Today’s post on content marketing will guarantee you success should you religiously understand, comprehend and flawlessly execute each aspect.
Let’s get started.