It’s been anything but a 🍾 Happy New Year 🎉 for me over the last 24 hours. 😔
But hey, all in all, the good Lord saw that I made it from 2017 to 2018. Therefore, I’ll count my blessings! 😉
In the last 24 hours, I’ve been wrangling “flu-monia”-like symptoms. From medicinal teas to Thera-Flu, I’ve been downing everything under the sun short of kerosene (not actually, but it does feel that way though)!
Per the TheDomains.com, 2017 was certainly a year to remember and for many reasons. Reading this well-crafted article got me thinking about what could happen in 2018.
Now it could be a heavy mix of the sparkling cider, medicinal teas, and Thera-Flu talking (😁), but here are a few loose thoughts that came to mind in and out of conscious over the last 24 hours pertaining to 2018 Domaining.
It’s worth noting that I’ve not reviewed any numbers to know the likelihood of any wild picks being realized. Nevertheless, feel free to chime in with your own domaining predictions, thoughts or rebuttals for 2018.
And last but not least, Happy New Year everyone! 😉
Top 10 Domain Industry Predictions for 2018
- GoDaddy adds BIN/Closeout Domain auctions to their investor app
- 3 reported .com sales of $5+ million for DNJournal’s YTD 2018
- Rick Schwartz returns to Twitter (we hope, but don’t hold your breath on this one)
- .ai to out pace .io domain registrations and sales by 25%
- GoDaddy releases new and improved aftermarket API by Aug 1st
- 1 Non .com gTLD sale of $250K for DNJournal’s YTD 2018
- NameJet hauls in a .WS Emoji Domain auction of $7500 (at minimum)
- GoDaddy adds bidder ids to their aftermarket
- Ripple skyrockets to $10 by July 1st resulting in 25 .com domain sales of $15k or more containing keyword “ripple” or “xrp”
- 5 reported .com sales of $150K for DNJournal’s YTD 2018