This write up might come as a surprise to some, and not too others.
Last week, I reported that nearly 1900 emoji domains had hit GoDaddy’s expiring auction block.
Now, were seeing another round of expiring emoji domains chalk up another wave of auctions. 🌊 This time is over 1,300 emoji domains to expire over the next 7 days. 😳
As of this writing, there are 1,321 expiring emoji domain auctions set to expire next week, having the following daily auction distribution and breakdown:
- 226 – 2/25/2018 (17%)
- 252 – 2/26/2018 (19%)
- 406 – 2/27/2018 (31%)
- 67 – 2/28/2018 (5%)
- 74 – 3/1/2018 (6%)
- 116 – 3/2/2018 (9%)
- 180 – 3/3/2018 (13%)
As you can see from the distribution above, most of this next wave of emoji domains are expiring Sunday through Wednesday. Having reviewed the complete list of domains, here are few expiring emoji domains that caught my eye:
Seeing over 3,000 emoji domains expire over a 14 day period, one should objectively pose and answer the following questions when considering emoji domains as an investment:
- Are emoji domains losing steam or simply a flash in the pan from the start?
- Are expiring emoji domains simply bad registrations?
- Are renewal costs to blame for increased expiring emoji domains?
- Are the only valuable emoji domains currently single character emoji domains?
- Are domain investors dumping emoji domains to early?
- Are investors taking their chances and allowing emoji domains to expire only to re-register at a lower initial cost?
Now whether or not we ponder, answer, or share an opinion in regards to the questions above, the truth of the matter is that previously registered emoji domains are expiring. That is a fact that’s not to be debated!
For now, I’ll keep reporting and watching weekly emoji domain expiration numbers. Best guess says .WS emoji domain registration numbers are somewhere in the neighborhood of 6.5-7.5K — down a long way from the once touted ~21K .WS emoji domain registrations. Again, that’s not the gospel truth, but the “guesspel” truth.
In closing and as always, perform your own due diligence to limit risk, yet increase the likelihood of realizing a sound domain invest ROI.
That’s all for now! Have a blessed weekend…